A unique ride on Paris Ferris wheel will reveal Paris spectacular beauty to you. You will be indulged with Season’s treats along the way.
Celebrate Tall Ships in Normandy - Armada of Freedom
- Schedule: Daily June 6 to 16 from 7am to 7pm
- Duration: about 11/12 Hours
- Shared Group Experience
- Per Person
- Private Experience
- 1 Person (Price Per Person)
- 2 People (Price Per Person)
- 3 People (Price Per Person)
- 4 People (Price Per Person)
- 5 People (Price Per Person)
- 6 People (Price Per Person)
- 7 People (Price Per Person)
- 8 People (Price Per Person)
Seasonal “Grand Rendez-Vous” that takes place once every 4 years only. And 2019 is the year!
A Tall ships celebration! Majestuous ‘old style’ three-masted vessels will sail to Normandy from all over the world for the biggest historical tall sailing ships gathering called Armada Of Freedom. This is a unique and incredible event that you can attend ONLY every 4 years!!!
This Armada of Freedom celebration in Normandy is a great addition to your trip to France during the commemoration of the 75th anniversary of the Battle in Normandy, D-Day.
From June 6 to June 16, legendary vessels with their colorful names like the French Belem or the iconic Hermione that took General Lafayette to help America, the American US Coast Guard Eagle, the Spanish El Galeon or Brasilian Cisne Branco (just to name a few) will cast anchor and welcome us aboard, docked along the Seine river and open to the public in the town of Rouen in Normandy.
We’ll take the scenic train from Paris for a Private or Shared group day trip to Rouen where it all happens!
This excursion will be the opportunity to discover and learn about the city’s historic districts and medieval splendors: Notre-Dame of Rouen, tallest cathedral of France immortalized several times by painter Monet, the Big Clock tower, the daintily chiseled Saint Maclou gothic church, the exact location of the stake where Joan of Arc endured her torment and martyrdom, the town’s quaint medieval and renaissance streets, a black plague former cemetery and so much more…
Join this tour and let your mind drift & dream of faraway adventures on gems of the sea such as the French Etoile du Roy, the English Tenacious, Portuguese Santa Maria Emanuella, Mexican Cuauhtémoc, Russian Sedov, Dutch Atlantis and many others.
Be a sailor or a pirate but don’t miss this unique celebration!
Remember, this “Grand Rendez-Vous tour” is every 4 years only… Check the highlights!
- Your personal tour guide meets you at your hotel or apartment
- We’ll take the train to Rouen in Normandy where the tall ships celebration occurs. Provided with round trip tickets
- We’ll board some tall ships docked during the event. We’ll do our best to visit the famousHermione among other boats
- Walking tour of the quaint and enchanting medieval town of Rouen
- We’ll visit inside the tallest gothic cathedral of France, Notre-Dame of Rouen, painted by impressionist Claude Monet
- Possibility to eat at one of several lunch accommodations in town or to have a picnic (not included)
- This day trip is perfect for children who always dream big of faraway adventures like in “pirates of the Caribbean”
- True hidden gems and spectacular views along the way
- Your tour cheerfully finishes at your hotel where we sail back (by train, of course 🙂 )
- Train tickets round trip Paris > Rouen
- Visit of selected Tall Ships
- Private commented visits: tall ships, Rouen’s historic town, cathedral Notre-Dame, Joan of Arc’ stake location, and more!
- I love to take photos – Happy to be your Instagram boyfriend 🙂
- Participants’ lunch : Several accommodations in town (restaurants, bistros & street food). You may pack a picnic if you’d like too
- Your tour guide’s optional gratuities
- Wear comfortable shoes and appropriate clothing for the day ahead
- Although the tour will be leisurely carried, some walking is involved throughout the day. Please, make sure that elders and children will be comfortable for a whole day excursion
- Children are fantastic! They’ve got a great energy. We love to engage with them and to drive their curiosity. Because you know your children better than we do, you know if they will handle a whole day trip