Join us for a cultural tour in a lush and magical Parisian park like Luxembourg gardens, Tuileries or the Arenes of Lutece and let’s play a typical French ball game called Pétanque (or “jeu de boules”). Fun, laid back and interactive. No skills required.
Stroll A French Market & Have A Picnic
- Schedule: Tuesday to Sunday, year-round from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Duration: 3 hours
- Traveler (Ages 11+) per person
- Child (Ages 6-10) per person
- Infant / toddler (Ages 0-5)
Paris Market & Picnic Tour
This perfect food lovers activity has been picked to be starred on NBC Today Show with Hoda & Jenna, segment hosted by Donna Farizan.
You’ll start your small group tour with a stroll at a typical, colorful, and lively local French market, filling your senses with an abundance of aromas while sampling local delights. A yummy way to start the day, to excite your taste buds and understand French culture, lifestyle (or Art de Vivre).
A light picnic with French wine and our fresh picks from the outdoor market we just visited will follow at a relaxed green Parisian location. Paris never felt so real than with your stomach deliciously satiated and your mind lighthearted. The perfect reward to sprinkle up your Parisian journey. Joyfully Yours !
- Small group activity for up to ten people
- Leisure walk through a typical outdoor French market
- Positive interaction with vendors with easy key phrases in French to remember
- Picnic at a Parisian park
- Selection of cheeses, fruits, baguette and other picks from the market
- Libation with a complimentary bottle of French wine
- Informal course, insider tips and suggestions on fun things to do in Paris
- Some surprises because you are a VIP (Vacationer in Paris)
- We cheerfully part ways in a lovely Paris location near great attractions
Stroll at a French market like a local and feel Parisian for a day!
While there are widely popular markets like the Marché Maubert near Cathedral Notre-Dame de Paris in the Latin Quarter or like the Marché d’Aligre near Bastille, each market has its own personality. There are also ethnic or specialty markets like the flower market on Cité Island and the Paris Flea market.
Palatable, tasty cheeses “fromage,” baguette breads, and juicy, colorful fruits and vegetables are at the rendez-vous in every Parisian market, where locals go grocery shopping. It is also an invitation to discover other French region’s specialties called “terroirs.”
- Cheese, bread, fruits, and other fresh foods that we buy at the market
- A bottle of wine for up to four people/Two bottles for up to eight people
- Small Surprises
- Your transportation to the meeting point
- Any of your personal purchases (other than our market food picks, of course)
- Your tour guide’s optional gratuity
- Upon booking this food tour in Paris, you will receive a follow up email with all information on how to easily reach our meeting point
- Rain or shine, the tour is carried out, and the picnic will happen at a covered spot if needed
- The choice of the market is the guide’s decision based on the day of the booking. Be assured that whatever day your tour will happen, you will fully grab the essence of this major French activity