Join us for a cultural outdoor tour of the lush and magical Luxembourg gardens and let’s play this typical French game of boules called Pétanque. Fun, laid back, and interactive. No skills required.
- Schedule: Tuesday to Sunday, year-round from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Duration: 2.5 hours
Paris Market & Picnic Tour
This small group activity is the perfect Paris food tour for food lovers.
You start with a stroll at a typical, colorful, and lively local French market, filling your senses with an abundance of aromas while sampling local delights. A yummy way to understand French culture, lifestyle (or Art de Vivre), and to excite your taste buds!
A light picnic with French wine and our fresh picks from the outdoor market follows at a relaxed and green Parisian location. Paris never felt so real than with your stomach deliciously satiated and your mind lighthearted.
- Small group activity for up to eight people
- Leisurely walk through a typical outdoor French market
- Informal course and insider tips from your guide
- Interact positively with vendors with easily learned key phrases in French
- Picnic at a Parisian park with a selection of cheeses, fruits, baguette, and other picks from the market
- Enjoy a libation with a complimentary bottle of French wine
- Great tips and suggestions on fun things to do in Paris
- Some surprises because you are a VIP (Vacationer in Paris)
- We cheerfully part ways in a lovely Paris location near great attractions
Stroll at a French market like a local and feel Parisian for a day!
While there are widely popular markets like the Marché Maubert near Cathedral Notre-Dame de Paris in the Latin Quarter or like the Marché d’Aligre near Bastille, each market has its own personality. There are also ethnic or specialty markets like the flower market on Cité Island and the Paris Flea market.
Palatable, tasty cheeses “fromage,” baguette breads, and juicy, colorful fruits and vegetables are at the rendez-vous in every Parisian market, where locals go grocery shopping. It is also an invitation to discover other French region’s specialties called “terroirs.”
- Cheese, bread, fruits, and other fresh foods that we buy at the market
- A bottle of wine for up to four people/Two bottles for up to eight people
- Small Surprises
- Your transportation to the meeting point
- Any of your personal purchases (other than our market food picks, of course)
- Your tour guide’s optional gratuity
- Upon booking this food tour in Paris, you will receive a follow up email with all information on how to easily reach our meeting point
- Rain or shine, the tour is carried out, and the picnic will happen at a covered spot if needed
- The choice of the market is the guide’s decision based on the day of the booking. Be assured that whatever day your tour will happen, you will fully grab the essence of this major French activity