This Paris walking tour is perfect for people who want to have an awesome first-time experience in Paris!
- Schedule: Tuesday to Sunday Year-round from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Duration: 8.5 hours
- 1 person
- 2 People (price/person)
- 3 People (price/person)
- 4 People (price/person)
- 5 People (price/person)
- 6 People (price/person)
Out to Versailles by train to meet the Sun King and Marie-Antoinette
With this private tour to Versailles by train, a suburban train will take us to the highest symbol of French absolute monarchy in about 40 minutes. This is a great solution if you prefer this way of transportation, allowing to discover the diversity of the Parisian suburb along the way. As a private tour, you’ll have your tour guide for yourselves. Only the visit of the private apartments of the kings is performed with a small shared group by a Versailles accredited conference guide. Your lust for knowledge and awe for this fantastic royal place will be satisfied from Versailles’ main palace to its more quaint, charming, confidential side of the estate, known as Trianon & the hamlet of Queen Marie-Antoinette. It will be genuine, like going with your friend who knows a lot and wants to share it with you.
This fun excursion tour to Versailles will give you an enlightening perspective of the castle’s origins, its layout and the fate of some of its most prestigious occupants: the 3 Kings Louis XIV, XV, and XVI, Marie-Antoinette, and other major historical figures.
- Your tour guide picks you up at your hotel where he will take you back
- Discovering the main palace of Versailles with a small shared group guided tour
- Walking private guided tour in the gardens, fountain groves, orangerie
- Exploring the bucolic, confidential estate Trianon and hamlet of Queen Marie-Antoinette
- Perfect for children: Visit of the farm of Marie-Antoinette with its live animals (donkeys, pigs, sheeps, goats, peacocks, chickens, rabbits, you name it!)
- Possibility to picnic on the domain, like by the canal
- Discovering true hidden gems and spectacular views along the way
- Your guide loves to take photos 🙂
- Your tour cheerfully ends at your hotel or preferred Paris place
- Although the tour will be leisurely carried, some walking is involved throughout the day. A little estate train (with tickets provided) will be at disposal to reach further areas.
- Please, wear comfortable shoes and suitable clothing for your day ahead.
- Transportation by metro and train to Versailles (provided round trip tickets)
- Musical & Fountain show garden tickets (when turned on on Tuesday & weekend)**
- Skip-the-line tickets for a small shared group tour inside main palace by a conference guide
- Tickets for mini-train (to reach another part of the estate: Trianon and the hamlet of Queen Marie-Antoinette)
- Participants’ lunch : Several lunch accommodations on site (restaurants & street food facilities). You may also pack a picnic if you’d like. Plenty of greenery to sit and lay down.
- Your tour guide’s optional gratuities