This Paris walking tour is perfect for people who want to have an awesome first-time experience in Paris!
French Revolution and US Independence with Lafayette
- Schedule: Monday to Saturday Year-round at 9 a.m. & 2 p.m.
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Traveler (Ages 5+) per person
- Infant / toddler (Ages 0-4))
French & American History Tour in Paris
Paris abounds with unsuspected highlights that carry amazing historical stories, confidential coves hidden in less touristy neighborhoods away from mainstream places. This small group tour is perfect if you’re looking for a one-of-a-kind experience in Paris.
The guillotine, gruesome accessory of a major episode of the French Revolution, known as “the Terror,” not only played its creaky music at Concorde square. As a device of execution, its blade chopped off thousands of heads in other neighborhoods of Paris and this is where we start. Follow its bloody trail to the eeriest place ever! Where French and American history meet up.
At our final destination, a few feet away from the Terror’s mass graves, you’re in communion with a heroic figure of the U.S. War of Independence, General Marquis of Lafayette, a Frenchman made an honorable citizen of the U.S.A.
Amidst the strangeness of the place and the eeriness of the situation, you realize how close and connected we are to our common past. More than a French history tour, you will truly have a meaningful experience. Oddly enough, you come out of it with an uplifting sense of awe and peacefulness; promise to goodness.
- Small group activity for up to 10 people
- Meeting point at a location that is easy to find – info received upon booking
- Paris walking tour from the former place of the guillotine to an amazing private cemetery where lies the mass graves and other memorial artifacts
- An account of American independence and the French Revolution
- Insider tips and suggestions on other fun things to do in Paris
- Some surprises because you are a VIP (Vacationer in Paris)
- Entrance fee to the private foundation, park, and nobility cemetery
- Surprises along the way
- Your transportation to the meeting point
- Your tour guide’s optional gratuities
- Upon booking this tour, you will receive a follow-up email with all information on how to easily find our meeting point
- Rain or shine, the French and American history tour in Paris is maintained. Rain actually gives another feeling to this eerie experience
- Please wear comfortable shoes and dress accordingly for your day ahead